Welcome to my online resume
In June of 2007, I graduated from California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo, with an NAAB accredited Bachelors of Architecture, a minor in City and regional Planning, and a second minor in Environmental Design. In December of 2008, I received a Masters of Science in Architecture and a Masters of Science in Bioregional Planning and Community Design from the University of Idaho. This recent school year I was employed part time by the University of Idaho as the lead research assistant helping to design and implement a Carbon Neutral Environmental Learning Center at the McCall Idaho Field Campus, which I also wrote my MS. Architecture thesis as a research contribution to the project.
Throughout my academic career and work experience I have demonstrated my skills with AutoCAD, VectorWorks, the Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, and InDesign. I am also experienced with website design and creation, Microsoft Office, Google Earth, SketchUp, and Macromedia Flash. I am a self-motivated person, who is goal driven, with a strong work ethic, high integrity, and I have a strong ability to work with others on an interdisciplinary team.
This online resume will tell you about my objectives, employment history, educational history, technical skills, my accomplishments, and it will provide a list of contacts, as well as tell you a little more about myself. Enjoy the read and don't hesitate to write me if you are an employer with a job in which you would like to have me fill.
Crystal A. Van Horn
• I taught myself HTML, CSS, and some PHP (for server side includes) and design websites as a hobby.
• I love learning new things and am quick to learn something new
• I design my own MySpace layouts
• I am the creator of the Facebook group University of Idaho: Building Sustainable Communities Initiative
• I would be happy at a job as long as I am being challenged and learning something new.
• Instead of traveling abroad during 4th year of Architecture, I decided to take interdisciplinary studios instead with Construction Management, City and Regional Planning, and Landscape Architecture students
• I enjoy volunteering my time at the Humane Society of the Palouse. I usually visit three times a week.
• When I design websites for myself, I always like to try something new in the design or website function
• I set high goals for myself because it pushes me harder to actually reach them
• I enjoy helping others
• According to the Myers-Briggs personality test, I am equally an INFJ (the protector) and ISFJ (the nurturer)