Resourceful, self-motivated, results oriented individual that seeks employment with a professional organization utilizing my experience and skills in design, writing, website design and construction, architecture, city planning, bioregional planning and sustainable community design, and in interdisciplinary and team coordination.
July 2007 - February 2009: Bioregional Planning & Community Design Research Assistant
University of Idaho, Moscow, ID.
At the University of Idaho served as the lead research assistant that researched, designed, and helped implement a "Carbon Neutral Environmental Learning Center" master plan for the McCall Field Outdoor Science School. I organized project team meetings to review and discuss the project's status. I traveled to Washington D.C. and Boise, ID and made presentations on the project in order to increase public awareness. I developed the final schematic master plan for the project and researched the feasibility of a biomass energy facility for the project. I am also the initial and current University of Idaho's Bioregional Planning Department webmaster.
July 2007 - December 2007: Production Draftsman at WSU Facility Operations
Washington State University Facility Operations, Pullman, WA.
At FacOps I worked with architects in the operations department to create architectural drawing utilizing my AutoCAD skills. I conducted site surveying and analysis, and worked on construction documents for remodel projects.
June 2006 - September 2006: Production Draftsman
Broussard Associates, Clovis, CA.
At Broussard Associated I worked with the guidance of landscape architects to create irrigation layouts, construction and plan documents, diagrams and sketches for public presentation. I also worked on hand drawing and rendering projects for meeting presentations.
September 2005 - June 2006: Architectural Intern
Craig R. Smith Architect, San Luis Obispo, CA.
At CRSA I worked on residential, remodel, and winery projects that required me to conduct site surveying and analysis, schematic drawings, construction details.
October 2003 - September 2005: Computer Lab Monitor
California Polytechnic State University ITS, San Luis Obispo, CA.
At this position I assisted students with computer hardware and software needs (both MAC and PC platforms). I also fixed and maintained lab equipment (in both MAC and PC labs).
January 2001 - January 2003: Computer Lab Assistant and Math Tutor
Fresno City College, Fresno, CA.
At this position I assisted students with computer hardware and software needs. I fixed and maintained lab equipment, and I also tutored students up to second semester calculus.
May 2000 - June 2003: General Employee
Edwards Cinema and IMAX, Fresno CA.
At this position I preformed tasks such as customer service, cleaning, and maintenance.
2007 - 2008 University of Idaho, Moscow, ID,
• Graduated with a Master of Science in Architecture
• Graduated with a Master of Science in Bioregional Planning and Community Design
• Achieved an overall GPA of 3.76
2003 - 2007 California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA.
• Graduated with an NAAB accredited Bachelor of Architecture
• Minor: City and Regional Planning
• Minor: Environmental Design
2000 - 2003 Fresno City College, Fresno, CA.
• Graduated with an Associate of Art in Liberal Arts
• Graduated with honors
Skilled in the use of AutoCAD 2007, VectorWorks, Google Earth, SketchUp, Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, HTML, CSS, PHP, website design and creation, Microsoft Visual Web Developer, Coffee Cup HTML Editor, Cute FTP, Open Canvas, Autodesk Architectural Desktop, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), and the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Member, Society of Building Science Educators
• Secretary, Bemani Club, University of Idaho
• Participated at the EPA P3 Expo in Washington, DC - awards won: P3 Honorable Mention, Green Building Initiative Award, and Youth Council on Sustainable Science and Technology of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
• Dean's List, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
• Dean's List and Graduated with Honors, Fresno City College
• University of Idaho's Bioregional Planning Department website designer and creator
• The project website for the Carbon Neutral Environmental Learning Center which I designed is featured on SustainUS.org
Professor of Architecture of the College of Art & Architecture, University of Idaho
Department Head of the College of Natural Resources, University of Idaho
Vice President of IAP: Independent Agribusiness Professionals
Microsoft Software Design Engineer II